The sausage gives this soup a very hearty and full flavor. If kale is not your favorite you can always exchange it with spinach. (But kale is very good for you, just saying!)
You will need:
2 spicy Italian sausages
1 tablespoons olive oil
1 large bunch of kale, trimmed and chopped
2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
1 large yellow onion, peeled and diced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
salt and pepper, to taste
1⁄2 cup Parmesan, grated
- Remove the skin from the sausages and coarsely shop the filling.
- Heat the oil in a pot and sauté the sausage and kale until the sausage is cooked though.
- Take out about 3⁄4 cup of the mixture and set aside.
- Add potatoes and onion and sauté until the onion goes soft. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the stock and let the soup simmer until the potatoes are soft. Season with salt and pepper.
- Use an immersion blender and purée the soup.
- Pour the soup into bowls and top with the kale/sausage mixture and grated cheese.
Made it? Tell us about it–