Poaching the pears in maple syrup makes them oh so special!
Makes 4 small cakes
You will need:
1 firm pear
1 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons butter
1 1⁄2 sticks butter, soft
1 cup sugar
1 1⁄2 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cut the pear into thin slices.
- Place the slices with maple syrup and butter in a small saucepan and heat up.
- Let the mixture simmer for 5 minutes, then cool.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Grease 4 small cupcake tins.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and airy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time. Stir well.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, and vanilla.
- When you have a smooth batter pour it into the tins.
- Bake until firm to the touch, about 20 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Place the cakes on a platter and top with the pear slices. Serve with the sauce and some whipped cream.
Made it? Tell us about it–