The STUFFING dreams are made of!
Time to shake up that old stuffing! This Mediterraneaninspired stuffing has so much flavor and textures to it. The briny olives and crunchy pine nuts together with the preserved lemons really take it to a new place.
You will need:
1 large ciabatta loaf, day old is best
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1/2 cup mixed pitted olives
1/2 cup grilled artichokes, cut into chunks
4 preserved lemons, sliced - here's where to buy: preserved lemons
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
1/3 cup chopped parsley
2 to 3 cups Progresso Chicken Stock
salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Tear the bread into bite size chunks and place in a large bowl.
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté onion and garlic until soft. Add to the bread.
- Add olives, artichokes, lemons, pine nuts, and parsley.
- Pour in 2 cups of stock, use your hands and mix well. Let it stand for 5 minutes. If all the stock has been absorbed add 1 more cup.
- Allow the stuffing to rest for 30 minutes, then season with salt and pepper.
- Place the stuffing into a well-buttered ovenproof dish and bake until cooked through and crusty on top, about 30-45 minutes.
Made it? Tell us about it–