When I was a kid my birthdays was always a big deal. I was a only child until 7. Then my sister was born and all of a sudden I was not the star of the household any more. I did try to outshine her, but have you ever tried to outshine a baby? Not easy! Anyway, my mother used to make this cake for my birthdays. She filled the middle with scoops of ice cream and pour a ton of chocolate sauce over. I loved the way the ice cream melted into the cake and made it soft. So when I did this ice cream story a while back, I had to use my moms recipe of course.
Serves 8 grown ups or 12 kids
100 g soft butter
1 1/3 cup sugar
3/4 cup créme fraiche
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 1/3 cup plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
- Heat the oven to 350F, 180C.
- Place butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until light and creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beat well between each one.
- Add créme fraiche, milk, vanilla, flour and baking powder.
- Mix well.
- Pour the batter into a buttered bundt pan.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until golden and set.
- Cool and turn over on a serving platter.
- Add ice cream and chocolate sauce.
Made it? Tell us about it–