Fresh mozzarella, green tomatoes, and crispy brussels sprouts with mint, oregano, and a light vinaigrette! This recipe is from Donna Hay's book "The New Easy".
For the salad:
2 fresh mozzarellas, thickly sliced
3 green tomatoes, chopped
1 tablespoon small oregano leaves
1⁄4 cup+more shredded mint leaves
2 tablespoons finely chopped white onion
2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon caster (superfine) sugar
sea salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
For the crispy brussels sprouts:
14 oz brussels sprouts, trimmed
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To make the crispy brussels sprouts, trim the stalk of the sprouts with a paring knife and separate the leaves.
- Place in a bowl with the oil and salt and toss to combine.
- Divide between 2 baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper and bake for 10–15 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Divide the mozzarella between plates. Combine the tomatoes, oregano, mint, onion, vinegar, oil, sugar, salt, and pepper and spoon over the mozzarella.
- Top with the crispy brussels sprouts and extra mint leaves to serve.
Made it? Tell us about it–