Rose water and coconut oil give these simple cupcakes a complex and wonderful taste!
Makes 24 Cupcakes
Cupcake ingredients (adapted from Cupcakes Year Round by Sara Neumeier):
2 cup all-purpose flour
1 3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 ounces baking chocolate (broken into pieces)
1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup strong coffee
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 teaspoon rose water
2 tablespoons sugar
Beet juice for pink color (or food coloring if you prefer)
- Stir the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt together. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water. Remove from heat. Whisk in the sour cream, eggs, coffee, and vanilla and mix until well-combined.
- Add the flour mixture and stir until well-combined.
- Fill 24 cupcake tins (lined with baking papers) about two-thirds full. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Allow cupcakes to cool.
- Next, make the frosting.
- Whip the cream in a cold metal bowl until soft peaks form.
- Stir in the coconut oil, rose water, and sugar.
- Whip to combine. Be careful not to over mix.
- Add several drops of beet juice/food coloring and stir to achieve desired color.
- Frost your cupcakes and take a bite!
Made it? Tell us about it–