This flatbread is best when eaten piping hot and dripping with butter.
You will need:
2 cups whole milk (lukewarm)
1 bag of active dry yeast
1⁄4 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons honey
1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
3 1⁄2 cups plain flour
1 cup oats
1⁄4 cup seeds and/or nuts
- crumble fresh yeast into the lukewarm milk. If you’re using dry yeast, combine it with a bit of flour before stirring it into the milk.
- add the oil, honey, and salt, and stir with a wooden fork until smooth.
- add the flour and oats.
- cover an oven tray with a piece of parchment paper.
- Flour your hands and lightly pat the dough evenly into the pan.
- Sprinkle seeds on top and gently press them into the dough.
- use a sharp knife to score the dough into around 24 square pieces.
- cover the dough with a kitchen cloth and let it rise for around half an hour in a warm place.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Prick the surface of the dough with a fork.
- Bake the bread on the middle rack of the oven for 15–20 minutes.
- Serve fresh out of the oven with butter.
Made it? Tell us about it–