I love the charming and festive look of mug cakes, but I’ve never been a fan of the ones that are baked in the microwave. Don’t get me wrong—I’m not going to get in between anyone and a delish serving of cake—I just prefer that oven-baked taste and texture.
This is where where Fiesta Dinnerware comes in. I am a big fan of the look and color range of Fiesta, but I just ADORE the fact that all of their pieces are oven safe. Even serving pieces can be baked up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit in the oven. I can now have my oven-baked mug cakes and eat them too!
2 cups sugar
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup piping hot coffee
1/2 cup milk chocolate morsels (optional)
1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds (optional)
fresh whipped cream and raspberries for serving
- Preheat oven to 350ºF, and lightly grease six Fiesta Dinnerware 15 ounce Tapered Mugs and place on a baking sheet.
- Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl or stand mixer.
- Next add all the wet ingredients, except for the coffee, and mix until combined.
- Finally, pour in the hot coffee, and stir it in until fully incorporated. Then stir in the morsels and almonds if you’re including them.
- Pour batter into the mugs about ¾-full and bake 28–30 minutes.
- Remove from oven when done and allow to cool completely. Be careful—the mugs will be hot. Don’t grab the handles!
- Top mugs with fresh whipped cream and raspberries for a festive presentation.
You could also top with a dusting of confectioner's sugar or your favorite frosting!
Made it? Tell us about it–