Roasting beets is very easy. Just remember to roast red and golden beats separate. Otherwise the juice from the red beats will turn the golden beats all red.
1. Preheat oven to 450F, 220C. 2. Place the beets in a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. 3. Cover the dish with foil and bake for about 40-45 minutes. 4. Use a small knife to pierce them and check if they are tender. 5. Remove from oven and cool. 6. Rub the beets gently with your fingers to remove the skin. Ready to use.
For the Pasta Salad:Such a great salad. The sweet beets and the somewhat sour cheese goes so well together.
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the squash until golden.
- Drain it on some kitchen paper.
- Slice the beets.
- In a large serving bowl mix together squash, pasta, beets and spinach.
- Crumble the cheese on top.
- In a bowl mix oil and honey and taste with salt and pepper.
- Ready to serve.
Made it? Tell us about it–