This dessert-with-a-funny-name won’t feel foolish as, no doubt, it’ll get eaten quicker than it is to make.
For the fruit:
1 cup fruit
1 teaspoon lemon juice
pinch of cinnamon
pinch of kosher salt
2 tablespoons sugar (just use 1 tablespoon for peach variation)
For the cream:
1 cup grass-fed heavy cream
1 tablespoon caster (or superfine) sugar
- Simmer your fruit of choice in a saucepan, along with the lemon juice, cinnamon, sugar, and salt for 5–8 minutes or until it begins to break down. The fruit should bubble but not spatter. If you choose all 3 fruits, cook each separately.
- Once softened, use a fork to mash fruit mixture into a preserves-like consistency.
- Set aside to cool completely. (This step can be done up to 3 days in advance.)
- Whip the cream and caster sugar until the cream holds stiff peaks.
- Fold each cooled cooked fruit into whipped cream, just until swirled, in separate glasses.
- Serve immediately.
Made it? Tell us about it–