I just love a good pizza, and for me a good pizza is one without tomato sauce. The combination of sweet pears, salty manchego cheese, and sharp red onion is PERFECT!
1 cup lukewarm water
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon dry yeast
21⁄2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 pears, thinly sliced
2 oz manchego, crumbled
1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
flaky sea salt
- To make the dough, mix water, honey, and yeast in medium-sized bowl.
- Let sit for 5 minutes as the yeast starts to work.
- Add flour, salt, and oil.
- Work the dough together.
- Cover with plastic wrap until it rises, around 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- On a baking tray press the dough out with your fingers to form a large pizza.
- Add pear, manchego, and onion.
- Sprinkle with thyme and salt.
- Bake for about 5 to 6 minutes, or until golden and crisp.
Made it? Tell us about it–