Advieh is an aromatic spice blend that combines cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, coriander, cumin, rose petals, and other spices. Uniquely warm, rather than spicy, and immensely fragrant, it works really well with strong-flavored meats like lamb.
4 to 5 lbs boneless leg of lamb, trimmed and tied
1⁄4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons advieh
salt & pepper, to taste
- Place the lamb in a roasting pan and cover in olive oil.
- Season on all sides with the advieh, salt, and pepper.
- Cut lemons in half, squeeze juice over the lamb, and leave in the pan.
- Set the oven to 450°F and let the lamb sit at room temperature in the meanwhile.
- Once the oven is preheated, roast the lamb for 10–15 minutes, until surface starts to brown.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F and cook until the lamb reaches an internal temperature of 137°F for medium rare.
- Pull out and let rest for 15 minutes before serving.
Made it? Tell us about it–