I often serve these hearty cauliflower steaks in the place of protein for a weeknight meal. The addition of pistachios elevates the flavor and gives the steaks the best texture.
This post is sponsored by my friends at American Pistachio Growers!
2 large heads cauliflower
1 cup shelled pistachios
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon dried thyme
salt and pepper, to taste
pinch of chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut the cauliflower into thick slices. You should get 2 slices from each head. (The leftovers scraps can be prepared the same way)
- Finely chop the pistachios—you can do this in a food processor or by hand.
- Cover a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Brush both sides of the cauliflower slices with oil and then sprinkle with pistachios, thyme, salt, pepper, and some chili.
- Bake until golden, about 15–18 minutes.
- Serve warm with a simple salad.
Made it? Tell us about it–