- For Crust:
- Place flour, salt and thyme in a bowl.
- Add the butter and use your fingers to mix it all together.
- You should end up with a coarse and grainy mixture.
- Add the water and mix well.
- Wrap in plastic and cool for 1 hour.
- Roll it out to a large circle.
- Transfer to a baking dish covered with baking paper.
- For the Filling:
- Heat the oven to 350F, 200C.
- Heat the oil in a pan and saute the onions until soft.
- Add cabbage, water, thyme, vinegar and sugar. Let the mixture simmer on medium heat until almost all the liquid has cooked away.
- Spread the mixture on the pie crust and sprinkle with cheese.
- Fold all the sides of the crust over, so it forms a nice pie.
- Bake in the oven for about 30-35 minutes, or until golden.
Made it? Tell us about it–