An easy and delicious vegetable soup for any time of day!
1 whole head of garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
2 leeks, just the white part, sliced
1 large potato, peeled and chopped
3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
1 cup heavy cream
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut the top off the garlic head, and place on a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Drizzle with a little oil and add a pinch of salt.
- Wrap the foil around the garlic, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan, and sauté leeks and potatoes until soft.
- Remove garlic cloves from the head, and add to the mix.
- Pour in stock and cream, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- With an immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper, and serve with chives.
Made it? Tell us about it–