The secret behind this delicious treat is that the bread has been spread with creamy guacamole. Smoked salmon and guacamole is a completely divine combination, if you ask me.
a couple of handfuls fresh mixed baby leaves (or just baby spinach)
fresh sprouts (optional)
4 ripe avocados
4 to 6 tablespoons lemon juice
1 large red onion
4 garlic cloves
1⁄2 small red chili
salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
8 whole wheat tortillas
16 slices of smoked salmon
- Rinse the baby leaves and the sprouts, if using.
- Halve and de-stone the avocados, then scrape their flesh into a bowl and mash it with lemon juice, chopped onion, chili, and crushed garlic for a lovely guacamole.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Warm up the tortillas in the oven, then divide the baby leaves, guacamole, and salmon between them.
- Roll them up and wrap them in wax paper.
Made it? Tell us about it–