Shrimp and burger aren't usually words that go side by side, but trust me: you will be so happy if you make these. Make extra Old Bay mayo: it's delicious on just about everything!
You will need:
For the mayo:
1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
For the burgers:
1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2⁄3 cup panko bread crumbs
2 scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
1⁄4 cup canola oil
4 brioche buns, lightly toasted
1 tomato, sliced
1 avocado, sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise and Old Bay. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Coarsely chop 1⁄2 of the shrimp.
- Put the remaining shrimp in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped and purée shrimp with the egg, bread crumbs, scallions, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and garlic powder; mix well.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes, then shape into 4 patties.
- Place on a plate and refrigerate for 10 minutes longer.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the patties and cook for 3–4 minutes per side, until the shrimp is opaque throughout.
- Spread the buns with mayo and add the burgers, topped with tomato, lettuce, and avocado.
- Serve immediately.
Made it? Tell us about it–