Colombian-style shrimp cocktail served in an oh-so-American deviled egg!
You will need:
salt and pepper, to taste
1⁄2 lb shrimp
2 tablespoons ketchup
1⁄2 tablespoon mayo
1 tablespoon red onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon hot sauce (Amazon Pepper preferred!)
1 lime, just the juice
1 shot of brandy
cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Bring water to a boil. Add salt to the water.
- Cook shrimp and cool in cold water.
- Hard boil 3 eggs, peel, and reserve only the whites.
- In a bowl, mix ketchup, mayo, onion, garlic, hot sauce, lime, and brandy.
- Add shrimp, salt, and pepper.
- Serve the shrimp cocktail in the egg whites.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves.
Made it? Tell us about it–