Do you like green eggs and ham? A riff on the children’s book classic, these colorful, kid-friendly spinach pancakes go great with ham, cheese, or herbs. I love mine stuffed with a simple egg!
3 tablespoons butter + extra for pan
1⁄2 cup of packed fresh spinach 2 eggs + 4 eggs
1⁄2 cup milk
1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
pinch of salt
- Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add spinach, and cook until wilted. Pour mixture with butter into a medium mixing bowl.
- Add 2 eggs, milk, flour. and salt.
- Use an immersion blender to mix and finely chop the spinach.
- Butter the pan again, and pour about 1⁄4 cup of pancake mixture in the pan on low heat.
- Cook for 1 minute. Flip the pancake and crack an egg in the middle. Add a little salt and pepper.
- Fold up the sides so you have a square pancake.
- Cover with a lid, and cook until the egg is set. Repeat 3 more times.
Made it? Tell us about it–