20 slices of good quality white bread, day old
1 1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoon apricot jam
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon sugar
- Start by greasing a baking dish.
- Cut out stars in the bread using a cookie cutter.
- Place the stars in the pan.
- Beat eggs, milk, jam, sugar and cinnamon until you have a smooth batter.
- Pour evenly over the bread.
- Place in the fridge and let stand for at least 2 hours.
- This will make the mixture soak up into the bread.
- Bake at 375F until golden.
- Serve warm.
Made it? Tell us about it–