Coffee cake is one of my favorite things to have around the house. I especially love that you make this one in a bundt pan because I have a huge collection of bundts!
Serves about 16
11⁄2 sticks butter, at room temperature
11⁄4 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 oz crème fraîche
21⁄4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1⁄2 cup muscovado sugar
1⁄2 cup flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare the main batter. Beat the butter and sugar together until frothy.
- Beat the eggs into the batter one by one.
- Mix in the crème fraîche.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and the baking powder, then sift this into the main batter mixture.
- For the cake’s dark layer, use your fingers to mix all the ingredients together in a clean bowl by pinching and rubbing them together until thoroughly combined.
- Then pour around half of the main batter into a cake pan that holds around 6 cups.
- Spoon the dark layer mixture over this. Then add the rest of the batter on top.
- Bake the cake on the bottom rack of the oven for 45–60 minutes.
- Let it cool for around 15 minutes before flipping the cake pan over onto a serving dish.
- Let the cake cool completely before removing the cake pan.
Made it? Tell us about it–