I love the sweetness from maple syrup combined with the smokey punch of the paprika, ginger, and allspice. So wonderful and makes a great food gift as well!
Makes about 2 cups
2 cups pepitas
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
2 teaspoons maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 ̊F. In frying pan, on low, warm seeds in oil to soften, 1–2 minutes.
- In bowl, combine spices and syrup.
- Add warm seeds and toss to coat.
- Spread on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 8–10 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy.
- Remove from oven, cool and serve, or store in airtight container.
Made it? Tell us about it–