My favorite brisket recipe is so quick and easy when it's made in a pressure cooker!
You will need:
¹⁄3 cup olive oil for searing
1 brisket, 5 to 6 pounds, with a good amount of marbling
1 large coarsely chopped onion
2 large, coarsely chopped carrots or other root veg
2 stalks chopped celery
¹⁄3 cup dijon mustard
¹⁄3 cup Worcestershire sauce
¹⁄3 cup red or white wine
¼ cup minced flat-leaf parsley leaves
5 large cloves garlic, peeled
2 bay leaves
Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in the multicooker or pressure cooker.
- Season the brisket with salt and pepper; sear the brisket on all sides until brown.
- Remove the brisket and add the onion, carrots, celery, garlic and bay leaves in the cooker.
- Spread the mustard all over the brisket.
- Place the brisket, fat-side up, on top of the vegetables.
- Pour the wine and Worcestershire sauce over the meat and vegetables. Close and lock. Bring to pressure over medium low heat. Cook for 45 minutes at high pressure.
- Release pressure and remove the brisket and let it cool.
- Slice the meat against the grain, as thinly as possible and place the sliced meat back into the sauce and vegetables. Serve immediately or if you want to heat the brisket up a bit more, cover the pan with aluminum foil. Heat the brisket in a 325°F oven until hot.
Made it? Tell us about it–