Grown & Gathered We are Matt and Lentil, and we believe that health and happiness come from real, traditional food, a warm home, and a mastery of life’s fundamentals.
Muesli is always a good way to start the day—fruity, nutty, a tiny bit sweet and a little crunchy. This recipe is all about the cinnamon, which is said to release endorphins, so it will make you happy too!
MAKES 5 CUPS
heaped ½ cup pumpkin seeds
½ cup almonds, roughly chopped
3 tablespoons flaxseeds
3 tablespoons sesame seeds
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of unrefined salt
2 tablespoons unprocessed honey
4 tablespoons bee pollen
¼ cup dried wild plums or dried sour cherries
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Place all of the ingredients, except the honey, pollen, and plums, in a deep baking pan and toss well to combine.
- Drizzle the honey over the top and stir to coat.
- Bake for 30–40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so to evenly toast the muesli.
- Stir in the bee pollen and wild plums.
- Cool before storing in an airtight jar in the freezer to keep the muesli fresh.
Made it? Tell us about it–