Just two ingredients come together to make the most elevated and special dessert! This recipe is from my dear friend China Squirrel.
1⁄2 medium seedless watermelon
quality rosewater, to taste
dried garden roses (pesticide free) for decoration
- Line a deep, 6-cup freezer-safe bowl with plastic wrap.
- Remove rind and pith from watermelon. Cut into 2- to 3-inch chunks. Sprinkle with drops of rosewater. Place in a plastic container or freezer bag, and freeze overnight.
- Just before serving and working in batches, place the chunks of frozen watermelon into a large food processor. Pulse until a soft, pink ice forms.
- Quickly transfer granita to the prepared bowl, pressing down with a spoon. Continue until you have filled 3⁄4 of the basin.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Carefully invert bombe onto a chilled serving plate, and serve decorated with dried roses.
Made it? Tell us about it–