I love these gorgeous light pancakes! They're the perfect match to the light tomato salad. This recipe is from Donna Hay's book "The New Easy".
For the pancakes:
3 large zucchinis, grated
1 cup feta, roughly chopped
3⁄4 cup all purpose flour
11⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
1⁄3 cup chopped mint leaves
1⁄3 cup chopped at leaf parsley
sea salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
extra virgin olive oil, for frying
For the tomato salad:
2 teaspoons honey
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 cups mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
1⁄3 cup small basil leaves
2 tablespoons small mint leaves
- Place the zucchini in a flat layer on sheets of absorbent paper.
- Cover with another layer of paper and press to remove the excess water.
- Place the zucchini, eggs, feta, flour, baking powder, mint, parsley, salt, and pepper in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Heat a little of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of mixture to the pan and flatten with a spatula.
- Repeat and cook, in batches, for 2–3 minutes each side or until golden.
- Keep the pancakes warm and set aside.
- For the the tomato salad, place the honey, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the tomato, basil, and mint and toss to combine.
- Divide the pancakes between plates and top with tomato salad.
Made it? Tell us about it–